Cold Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder with the cold evenings setting in if someone could offer me some advice. I have a little 1 bedroom house with 2 radiators downstairs, one upstairs in the bedroom and 1 upstairs in the bathroom. The problem is ever since i bought the property, the bathroom radiator never warms up. I bled the radiator yesterday and cold water came out of the valve so that seems Ok.

It is quite a small radiator with a valve for turning the water on and off on the right hand side and a temperature control valve on the left hand side (1-5). Now, I can feel heat coming up the pipe to the temperature contol valve but I can never get it to go further.

Someone suggested I turn off all the other radiators and just leave the one in the bathroom on?? Does this mean I shut the valves thus isolating the radiator or simply turn them down to the lowest setting.

I do not unfortunately have a combi boiler but have a gas boiler in a cupboard outside the door which sparks (pardon the pun) into life when I turn the heating on upstairs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Russell.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back