cold rads after taking them off an flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening
I have had my rads off and flushed them out side with the hose , connected them all back up and refilled the system. It is a cylinder withe the header tank combined . all but 2 rads are now getting hot . I have bled them all and water comes out albeit cold on the ones that art warming up . Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Close the TRV ( or wheel head valve) on all the working radiators,don't touch their lockshields,and see if problem rads now heat up.
If your boiler heats the domestic hot water in your cylinder ,set programmer for central heating only.

Sponsored Links
nothing seems to be occurring ,should I drop all the system again tomorrow ? is there a correct procedure in doing this ? I've done it numerous times before and not had any issues

Is boiler running ? The heat it's generating must go somewhere ,or boiler will close down ?

Why have you got 2 pumps ?
Is boiler actually firing up ,burning gas ? Did problem rads previously work ?

one for cylinder one for rads I presume its an all in one type cylinde,r boiler is running yes fired up burning gas

Sorry ,not with you ?
one for cylinder one for rads I presume its an all in one type cylinde,r boiler is running yes fired up burning gas
What boiler do you have ?
Is boiler fed from a loft tank ?
Dont know why the hot water cylinder has a seperate pump can you show pics ?
Are the working rads still heating up or cooling down ?

What was the cause ? an air lock ? Thank you so much my kids will return to pink from blue lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back