cold rads upstiars ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one throw some light on how to solve my problem.
i have recently changed some rads downstairs and one in the bathroom, during decorating. i drained the system and then top it up and bleed of the radiators. Ran the heating an everything seemed to get hot. However after a couple of weeks the upstairs radiators started to get cold at the bottom in the old ones belivng because they are old again i drained the system and changed these ones too. Again topped up and bled of pump and rads. But i found i still had the probelm, i have now add some cleaner to the sysytem but it does not seem to be helping have i got a blockage or air lock?? :confused:

Sponsored Links
system will need balancing.

Water will always go the easy route, if the rad valves are fully open downstairs then water will be shooting round these nice new rads.

Shut the hot rads locksheilds down to half and make sure the cold ones are fully open,

also after this turn off all rads but one of the cold ones then do each in turn to blast through the pipwork.

i did shut down thae hot rads and let the old ones run for about 6 hours. but did not do tham one at a time.

it could be a blockage or air.
has the cleaner been in long enough to work ?
have you tried draining some water..1/2bucket , to try and dislodge poss air block?

Sponsored Links
the cleaner has been in since sunday. it does say it can stay in for a week and that is what we are going for.
we have not removed any water as of yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back