Cold Room - Cavity Wall Insulation not an option....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

1920's semi with no wall cavity...

Our nursery room (9ft x 9ft) has two outside walls and a huge window. We had an oversized rad fitted when we upgrade the C/H but it is still extremely cold during winter. I'm about to get it re-plastered and decorate it and I'm thinking now is the obvious time to try and tackle this issue. I was thinking of some insulation backed plaster board on the large outside wall before it being plastered. Is this a good option? One thing that concerns me is that this outside wall has an airbrick in it. Should I leave that in place (no history of damp/condensation in the house) or get it blocked up?

Sponsored Links
I would batten the walls and fit insulated plasterboard to both external walls before re-plastering and definately retain the airbrick.

Hi,

1920's semi with no wall cavity...

is still extremely cold during winter. this outside wall has an airbrick in it. ?
I see a link forming :idea: : Airbricks are for underfloor voids and larders ;)

: Airbricks are for underfloor voids and larders ;)
Not necessarily Nige. At some point in the past, the room could have had a gas fire in it. The room may have had the airbrick placed in the wall for this very reason. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
True - maybe that`s why I never got CORGI `d ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back