Cold water tap always really cloudy when the heating is on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am only doing a message to ask is it normal for the cold water tap to always really cloudy when the heating is on?

The water is very clear any other time but as soon as the heating goes on the cold tap has loads of white bits and very cloudy, i find i have to run the tap for a minute or two to clear it.

Just wondering if its normal and ok though?

regards

James

Sponsored Links
It is a vaillant ecotec pro 2, it was only fitted about 12 months ago as we had a lot of problems with our old one.

I live in a flat, the boiler is situated in the kitchen and its the kitchen tap that mainly has all this cloud, although i cant say i have tested the others really as i wouldnt drink from them so havn't noticed if they are as cloudy.

Sponsored Links
It's just oxygen bubbles.

And where is the oxygen coming from ? More llikely to be air dissolved in the water and coming out of solution when the cold pipe and the water in it are warmed by being too close to heating pipes.

There is one other remote possibility. When the water in the central heating warms and expands some of it is getting back into the mains feed via the filling loop ( which should be disconnected until needed ) and contaminating the water. Yes this an un-likely scenario but should be considered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back