combi boiler low pressure + useless shower. help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Recently bought our first house... we have a combi boiler downstairs, no water tanks etc.. Since moving in we've noticed that the hot water pressure seems to be far less than cold water... Why is this? makes filling a bath etc a very long task.

We also have a shower ... (i dont know much about it but imagined it'd be fed by cold water and heated up so expected a high flow rate..) However, a hot shower is more of a hot trickle! seem to get more power the more you turn it towards cold (exactly the same as the taps).

What can i do? not so fussed about the tap pressure but would realy prefer a shower rather than a trickle :S

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
not realy no. Sorry, am a complete novice.
In the case of the taps... the cold water from the taps is violent enough to flood your room with if you turn taps on full ... where as hot water is the oposite

In that case your 2 most likely chances are blocked inlet filter or sludged up heat exchanger.
Boiler details?

Sponsored Links
I think some information about the make and model of the combi would be useful at this point.

i dont know a lot about it .... what i can tell you is the boiler is a "sime freindly format 80e" :S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back