Combi Boiler, no hot water or heat in radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help, i have a Ravenheat combi boiler. the piolet light is on but i have no hot water or heating. the flame doesnt seem to fire up when i turn th tap on. there is also a drip of water under the boiler at the back,i have turned the pressure up to 3 but no difference. any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Firstly pressure at 3 bar is not a good idea, chances are that the safety valve will open if boilers fires up and likely to leak after.

It may be an idea to get a corgi heating engineer in to rectify, can u hear the fan/pump running or is the boiler totally idle?

Fault could lie anywhere in boiler, check the fuse is ok in the ext spur, make sure it is has a 3 amp fuse.

Agree with BDL 3 bar is miles to high. If safety valve leaks after operating though, your system water must be dirty, so must your system so it needs cleaning. To reduce the pressure open the safety valve and close it smartly this should make it close properly. Then repressurise to less than 1 bar. Search for filling loop on this forum for starters.

thanks for your advise, it turned out to be a circuit board failure which i had to get replaced. i will take the pressure down, could that be the cause of the dripping underneath the boiler?

Sponsored Links
It could account for the drip, but any drips should go outside before they get to the ground, so there is something else you need to look for. Perhaps the pipe has not been routed outside, or a joint leaks, and so on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back