Combi boiler query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I've recently had a new combi boiler fitted (Worcester 24i Junior). All works fine - heating and hot water no problem. I have noticed that when there is a call for hot water (when I open the hot tap or when the heating is on), the boiler makes the quick 'click, click, click' sound before the 'boiler on' red light comes on. To me this sounds like the noise made when a pilot light is first lit. However, this happens just before the red light comes on, everytime. When the central heating is on this happens a lot - temperature is reached so boiler shuts off, minute or two later 'click, click, click' and red light comes on. Temperature reached again, shuts off then 'click, click, click'.
Is this normal or is there a problem ? If this is the sound of the pilot lighting, I thought it should be lit constantly (?)
Excuse my ignorance here - first time I've had a combi and wanted to get other opinions before I get in touch with the fitter. As I say, hot water and heating are fine.
Cheers,
Mark

Sponsored Links
There is no pilot light!
The clicking is the electronic ignition which, in your case, appears to fire three time before the burner lights and then the boiler is running.

All sounds extremely normal to me!

Sponsored Links
It was only fitted a couple of weeks back & I've only just noticed it (it's in the spare bedroom out of the way). I haven't mentioned it to the fitter - thought I'd get feedback here first, but sounds like it's OK (cheers CroydonCorgi !)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back