Combi boiler Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We are looking to replace our Worcester Bosch 240 boiler with a Worcester Bosh 30SI boiler and the best quote that we've got was £2850 including VAT and that's for the following things:

installation + boiler flue
1m x 22 mm pipe
magnetic filter
limescale reducer
powerflush
wireless thermostat
3 TRV fitted (we only have 6 radiators and one radiator is not used at all)
fitting a towel rail in the bathroom (we bought the radiator)
2 years homecare insurance
5 years warranty
This quote is from Sothern Electric.

British gas wanted £3400 for the same job, NPower £3600 and a local plumber wanted £3000 but for a Vaillant ecotech combi boiler with 5 years warranty from the producer.

Is this price right?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
no i would ask them to put a 30 CDI boiler in instead as its a better boiler and just pay the additional cost. ( not a lot )
WAI will give you six years warranty at the mo aswell

no i would ask them to put a 30 CDI boiler in instead as its a better boiler and just pay the additional cost. ( not a lot )
WAI will give you six years warranty at the mo aswell

It's a big difference between 30 CDI and 30 SI? We weren't given that option...

Sponsored Links
If you have to have a Worcester, then go for a cdi. The reason you probably were not offered the cdi, is that they can get the si for a lot lot less than we can!

Was the vaillant an 831 plus? Personally would fit a vaillant over the worcester any day, but the choice is yours.

Graham

There's better boilers out there, the Vaillant being one, or an Intergas which are growing in popularity in the UK for a number of very good reasons

Yesterday a friend was talking with a WB accredited installer. (family connection somewhere)
My friend mentioned that we were renewing his heating system.

The installer advised him not have a WB installed. He was also pricing a new boiler for himself and it sure was not going to be a WB :?:

Thankfuly we ain't fitted WB carp for 4 years, but still get loads of WB breakdowns. :LOL: :LOL:

Funny why a WBAI was looking to install another manufacturers boiler.
Speaks for itself.

As said there are better boilers than the WB.

What is more important to you - cheap price or quality boiler ?

Are WB boilers that bad? Ours is at least 20 years old and it worked fine until recently. Ideally I would go for the Vaillant however choosing a big company over the local installer would give us piece of mind in case something goes wrong.

For the Vaillant the prices go up by at least £300-£400 and at the moment replacing the boiler it's a big stretch anyway...

PS: Don't understand why it cost so much considering that it's a straight swap (if nothing goes wrong...of course).

choosing a big company over the local installer would give us piece of mind in case something goes wrong.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bet you read Wich magazine.

Well...I'm not but reading Which magazine but some local companies tend to disappear quite quickly and that's why I don't "trust" them.

Should we go for a Glowarm or Baxi boiler instead of WB?

No, you should go for an Intergas or a Vaillant. Talk to your friends and neighbours, find someone who's recommended, good local installers will look after you

Sorry don't buy the 'some local companies tend to disappear etc'
Any installation will be covered by the manufacturers warranty, we cover all work for twelve months aswell. If your installer did go bust then you would retain the warranties direct with the manufacturer. Spend your hard earned with a local installer. Your money or more of it will remain in the local economy instead.big companies can 'disappear' aswell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back