combi boiler

kio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help? my inlet flow rate to mains tap is around 15liters a minute, and bar of 1.2 i would like a combi fitted but am extending and having 3 bathrooms when finished.
plumbers have said that to have a system with a regular boiler ill need bigger tanks and they would need to be lifted higher in roof space because the cylinder would need to be in roof space also.
would a vailiant 937 be ok to fit? ive been quoted for one and seems easier all round to fit.

Sponsored Links
15ltr on the cold inlet will mean if you go for a combination boiler the most you could get is one that does about 13.5 ltr a min (28kw)

if you want to keep your tank etc measure your rads & also allow 10'000 btus for your cylinder too.(3kw)

no point over sizing a boiler

Thanks for advise.
would the 937 combi heat store help with the hot water demand? 3 kids!
thanks.

do not go for a 937 your water pressure will be inadequate. The absolute maximum combi i would spec with that water flow/pressure would be 28kw. With 3 bathrooms you should seriously consider a vented tank system or carrying out work to improve your flow rate.
Whoever quoted you for a 937 with that flow rate needs to be shown the door.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that! great help!
think ill go for the open vent cylinder in loft would the cold water storage tank
need to be lifted above the cylinder? only theres not much head room in loft for big round tank at high level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back