Mains Inlet Pressure to combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've fitted a new combi boiler.

My mains cold water is 7 Bar at night and the boiler states a Max working pressure of 6 Bar.

I've fitted a Pressure reducing valve on the inlet to the combi, set to about 4 Bar.

Is this ok?

Also would you recommend a 'anti scale' device..I'm in Nottingham.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What boiler is it, I've noticed lately some manufactureres are dropping the maximum pressure down from the normal 10 bar as another cost cutting excersise. :(

Only if its the correct type of pressure reducing valve, the cheap ones only regulate the pressure when a taps open allowing the pressure to rise back up to mains pressure when the taps off.

I've fitted antiscale products but only in order to comply with the boiler warranty. Personally I thin its very much down to local water conditions whether they actually have any effect at all. Never fit the plastic cased versions or those with pushfit joints - seen far too many leak/split with disaterous results.

If you have fitted a 4 Bar pressure reducing valve then you should have a 6 Bar pressure relief valve to ensure the pressure does not creep up.

The standard reducing valves do not have any to prevent the outlet creeping towards the inlet as the seal leaks.

I hope its a condensing boiler and Building Control were notified.

Tony

thanks for info.

Yes its a condensing and why does building control have to be notified?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back