Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Looking for some advise please.

I have a 4 bed semi detached house with 2 bathrooms and 1 kitchen. We are currently running on a Combi boiler for the house.

We have recently started a loft coversion which is for as further 2 bedrooms and an shower room - but feel connecting this to the existing boiler will create havoc with the fun we already have with hot water.

some suggestion have been that we install a seperate boiler for the top floor for both radiators and shower room or also I have been advised that we can get a electric water heater for just the loft shower room and connect the 3 new radiators to the existing boiler...

would anyone be able to advise on best and most costs effective way forward.

Many thanks
J

Sponsored Links
The best solution depends on your dynamic mains water flow rate and useage patterns.

As always professional advice is always the best way to get the best solution.

Tony Glazier

Hi Tony,

Thanks for coming back to me. The mains water supply is actually not the best but has been doing the job. I spoke with the water company and they said that to increase the pipe size for better water into the house they would charge £1500 - which threw me off track as that was not budgetted for.

So we will need a pump for the shower that is for sure.

Regards
Jwad

Adding a hot water storage system to the existing combi might be a possibility, type would depend on your current supply availability.

Sponsored Links
The boiler will quite happily heat an unvented cylinder.
Ideally you should have a minimum of 2bar pressure and 20 litres a minute.
But if you have the pressure you can add and an accumulator tank
to store a volume of water at pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back