combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me please. my heating keeps coming on even though my box is switched off. i rang them for help and they said put the frost button on.. i have done that but it keeps coming on still... ive tried to call them again but they are closed and i cant afford to keep my heating on!! they said the box could of had interference but how do i get my heating to switch off!! please help me on this.

i have an Althc014 thermostat

Many thanks
Joanne

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/altech-althc014.381343/#2921615#ixzz2j3DUZZkB

Sponsored Links
Try starting the thread a few more times.

Perhaps a load of different people will see it and respond.

Or perhaps you'll get round to adding some useful information like what flipping boiler you have? :rolleyes:

Who are these mythical people you are phoning? If you are a tenent, then claim your costs back, you have reported a fault now, so let them deal with it.

Sponsored Links
its Altech Technical Helpline.. but the office is closed now..its also my house so being the owner i have to deal with it arghhh

Is the boiler responding to the stat or is it stuck in hit water preheat mode?

Salus make these pieces of kack for altec.

What status number does the boiler have a a minute or two after hot water demand and with the stat off, and the rads warm?

I charge by the word by the way.

well if your going to charge by the word then can you speak plain english :cool:

when i got home the heating was on... the Tech Helpline said to reset my Altech Thermostat to frost and if that didnt work then to ring them back! so i did what they told me, it didnt work, i rang them back, but hey they had gone home!

the boiler is on, the radiators are red hot, the thermostat is switched off, my dogs are panting, my bills are going to be huge! if i switch my boiler off i cant have hot water! so do i drown myself in cold water!

in other words ......sorry Dan i dont understand your message!

i had the house fitted with more radiators and a new boiler,, a Central heating expert did it apparently in july 2011... its been fine until today... Dan can i switch the heating off without losing the hot water??

I'd say you have a a goosed pcb, but really you need to have some electrical tests done.

S31 implies the boiler is is not receiving a call for heating.

Perhaps one of the bunnymen can can expand, as I also wouldn't expect that code with the akrec control.

You could try forcing the boiler into sum summer mode by holding I and + simultaneously, then use + to get yo d23.

Press I, and then -.

Hold I for 5 seconds.

Hold I and plus fod 4 seconds and see what happens.

You'll probably need to call call vaillant or a local engineer in the morning.

Alternatively just tyrn off all the rads and let the boiler cycle.

thank you Dan xx very much will do that.. now if you lived nearer you could of made a home call.. would of saved you having to type! lol xx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back