combi DHW pressure equalising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

How does a DHW pressure equalising valve works. I have 3 draw off points at the moment. Using individual points is ok but when all points are drawn then draw off point nearest to boiler is ok but the ones at distance they suffer.

Would Fitting an pressure equalising valve solve this problem. Has anyone got these and are they any good. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Most combis are single point of use at a time, so the solution is not in equalisation.

We use a "P.E.V" on a mira 88 running of a combi,it is not a thermistatic shower valve,but it has never scalded or froze us.

Sponsored Links
Sure, but that isn't what OP is describing.
Only way to achieve what's required is to restrict flow to lower outlets , afaics.

ChrisR said:
a DHW pressure equalising valve
Such a beastie has yet to evolve, on this particular planet.

Hi "ChrisR"

www.plumbworld.co.uk are selling such a beastie. Also tapworld are selling. They are around but for some reason not popular. My concern is I don't wish to spend money on something thats not going to work.

Basecoat said:
My concern is I don't wish to spend money on something thats not going to work.

My conscern also for you. You can't supply more than one outlet from most combis.

If you have a 14 litre a minute flow rate or above you could get a muted amount from two outlets. You would really need 20 litres a minute, and you can only get that for a while from a storage combi...

Of course if you had a larger store of water (what a novel idea that would be? think I'll invent it) say 117 litres minimum, you might stand a chance aslong as you have sufficient incoming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back