combi diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got up to no hot water (and 2 moaning children) 2 days ago.
I own a sime 100 combination boiler..no laughing at the back.

i decided to repair the fault myself, which was ch ok but unless you ran the hot water at boy racer speed in a subaru, the boiler would not kick in.

Ok, dodgy membrane in the diverter valve..piece of cake.

Spent £22 on new rubber.........should have done that years ago..wouldn,t have any moaning kids now!

However..several water leaks later...the job is done.

Well, if 'done' means still no hot water..then i am a genius.

Piston moves towards microswitch really nicely..much better than before!

Shame the two dont meet.....we are talking 2 mm here...not much to me but enough to make my life a misery..and i am starting to smell.

i adjusted that blue plastic-ee valve-ee thing (technical term) on the diverter also ,which does help but still misses switch by a nats thingy..but misses it all the same!....

Have thought about super glueing a thin bit of plastic to black accuator thing but feel i really shouldn,t be doing that!

Is it possible i have the wrong membrane kit...or am i totally incompetant?

Any help would be very apprieciated

Ta

Sponsored Links
or am i totally incompetant

No at least you had the common sense to stop before sticking bits of plastic in there.
The law doesnt see you as competent though unless you have ACS
Recommend strongly that you get a corgi guy to take it from there.

Just being awkward here - Corgi's advice on whethr you can work on the non-gas bits of an appliance has been inconsistent to say the least. Certainly there's nothing in any hraining about how to change a pump on a combi!
If you delved deeper it sounds like you'd have a lot more leaks though.

Which sime 100?....there's loads of them. I am pretty sure that on most of them they have a round plastic disc which pushes on to the pin to make the microswitch connection....have you forgotten to fit this?

Sponsored Links
did the diaphragm come completely assembled on the pin? If it didn't and you stripped the pin down to change the diaphragm you need to have put the pin back in the right way up. It looks to the eye that it's equal but there is a difference.....about 2 mil :D

Thanks for all replies

Its a sime 100e friendly format...(not so friendly)
I did fit the black plastic end to the shaft
I have bleed the system but end cap and microswitch still do not meet by about 2 mm...the overall advance of the push rod seems very good...some 10mm.
The diaphram kit was complete when i bought it...but it slightly comfused the guy in the shop...who had two kits in his hand and compared them by eye!

I really feel that the shaft is 2 mm too short as the whole operation of the rod is good..with good pressure.

The part i bought is a giannoni with a part number 422 632

Maybe i should take it out again and compare it with another kit?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back