combi fitted in an airing cupboard airing cupboard.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there having a vaillant combi installed next week, removing old hot water cylinder from the airing cupboard and installing boiler in its place.But the airing cupboard is in the bedroom,gas engineer says it will be ok in there, but knowing VERY little about boilers!!!.Will it be fine in there just a bit worried about noise and if something went wrong ie blocked flue?.many many thanks guys! :oops:

Sponsored Links
It wil be a balanced flue and room sealed so you will not have to worry about fumes coming back in the room.

You will enjoy being awoken in the winter by the boiler coming on at 6 am every morning as they make a right racket. :LOL:

I KNOW :evil:

Vaillant- noisy? In a cupboard and a proper install should hardly know its there.

Sponsored Links
I reckon you'll hear it all right. You can line the door with heavy/sound deadening stuff to quieten it a fair bit though.

ok,will have to listen to it once it is installed!.Its the only place it can go really,no room under the stairs and none in the kitchen either!.What about the loft?? :(

mmm! sounds like i have been wrongly advised by the engineer!.He said i would hear the boiler but it intrusive!. :confused:

It's all subjective. What one person finds irritatingly noisy someone else won't even hear, and your brain filters out a lot of noise.

For example, I have to unplug my mobile phone charger when I'm not using it because the whine of the switched-mode power supply keeps me awake. Yet other people don't notice their's.

Yeah,good point that!.Just a worry when you are spending your hard earned cash!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back