combi in a loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When installing a combi in a loft, would you expect the flooring, fixed light, ladder and handrails (assuming that we all lived in a world where everything was done to the regs) to be installed prior to the combi being fitted or would you just fit it all afterwards?

Sponsored Links
After seeing the remega advert in this months Gas Installer I would not worry about anything solo!!

there is a pic that shows

1 no boarding
2 a step ladder into the loft
3 no fixed lighting

:):):):)

Seriously thou I think that the regs say all of the above need plus a gas isolating point on the floor below (where practicable) and the boiler to be surrounded by 30 min flame resistant material.

As I say I think and am way to fat and lazy to check

:)

Flooring is a huge help if fitted first, Light is good though not essensial (as most of us have our own), Handrail, WTF, Never ever been in a loft space with hand rail round the hatch, H&S gone ferkin mad.

;)

Sponsored Links
Not fussed about the railing or fixed light. I will climb up the ladder to do the job, as long as the householder carries the boiler up. Proper flooring is a must. no problem working in the dark; plumbers are shady characters anyway

Well to me, that's common sense. You don't want to be lugging a combi over joists. I once wouldn't quote for a job cos the guy said he would do all the neccessaties after the boiler had been fit. I'm just curious about CORGI's interpretation of the regs. Do they require all the above to be in place prior to carrying out the install? I am going somewhere with this just want a few opinions first.

Bloody hell! While I was typing my reply to seco, corgiman dove in with the photo that inspired my question. I just can't see how CORGI as the keeper of all things gas safety related (among other pies it's dipped it's fingers into) can justify posting such a pic. Yet another case of dog double standards.

b****y hell! While I was typing my reply to seco, corgiman dove in with the photo that inspired my question. I just can't see how CORGI as the keeper of all things gas safety related (among other pies it's dipped it's fingers into) can justify posting such a pic. Yet another case of dog double standards.

It made me pee meself when I saw it Solo

I wonder how many "agile" types are putting pen to paper as we speak

LMAO

:)

Yeah, but will they publish an apology. Not ef in likely.

Oops! My mistake, I'm actually opening up another can of Foster's.

Those that don`t want to service a boiler in a loft will think off any excuse . What up with setting a loft light up and carrying a henry across a loft and doing a service.. Install put a few boards across joists or slide boiler there ,what the f##k do you want cream on it... Get a grip in the real world. Much prefer no boarding in loft on installs then it is easier to do pipework

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back