combi in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
looking for a bit of help, i am looking for a cheap, half decent combi boiler. it is to be fitted in loft and operated with room stat and proggrammer. alot of the cheap ones i have looked at have built in proggrammer, can another proggrammer be added when it is already built in?

any help, greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
I would say that most (probaby all) combies have a an access point for a room thermostat - normally a wire link on the connection panel. You remove the link and connect a thermostat between the two points.
If you use a battery powered programmable thermostat, that does both jobs (thermostat & timing). A good programmable thermostat will also give you different temperatures at different times.

To by-pass the onboard timer, you just set the boiler to "always on", it will then be controlled by the external thermostat/programmer.
A mains powered external programmer may make the wiring more complicated as you need permanent mains power to run the clock.

Sorry I don't know details about individual boilers.

Yep, not a problem, just set the built in prog to constant and control the boiler through the room stat terminals using a programmable room stat. A wireless one would save running wires round your house if it makes life easier

Sponsored Links
thanks guys, both of you have made it clear.
much appriatiated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back