Combi problem, no DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal isar combi, about 2 years old, which just stopped delivering hot water. Boiler fires up then stops, if I keep water running it gets tepid then cold, tepid then cold etc.

I tried again with central heating on, but no luck.

There are no fault codes showing on the display panel.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Does the ch actually work and the rads get hot properly?

What actually happens when you turn a hot tap on? Do you get the 'd' in the display? and when it stops what reading in the display do you get?

The ch works for a while then stops heating, there is only a - in the display. DHW starts off hot and just goes cold after about 30 secs.

Sponsored Links
No one turned up, however I have the central heating working and the hot water appears to be working when the heating is on. I noticed that the pressure guage fitted on the pipe leaving the boiler is fluctuating between 0 and about 2 psi, is this the problem?

It now sounds as though it could be the DV.

Do you mean that the boiler shows a 'd' when you turn on a hot tap?

It still just shows a - when the hot tap is running. As stated above, its working with the CH on.

I know its a big costly risk, but I still would go for a pcb fault.

Unfortunately its up to you, I'm not there :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back