Combined Flow & Return TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Someone has asked me to move a radiator and fit a TRV. Actually they've asked me to fit a new radiator the other side of where the pipes come out of the skirting board, but that's not the problem. The problem is that the existing radiator has a single valve arrangement (non-TRV) at one end, into which both the flow and return pipes are connected. Presumably it has some sort of concentric arrangement inside to keep the water separated until it enters the radiator? The pipes are 10mm. I've searched the Net but can't find a "combination" TRV. Please can you tell me if such a device is available and if so, where I can buy one?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
I don't think there is such a thing. Best to feed the 10mm pipes to opposite ends.

If there was such an animal I would be telling you not to fit it!!

Twin entry rad valves are a pain in the RRRRRRRRRRRR's

Thanks guys, that's a definite "No" then. Looks like I'll be extending the pipework on the outside of the skirting board.

Sponsored Links
Or you could take the flow pipe to the top tapping on the same end and keep the return at the existing bottom tapping. It's the standard way of connecting rads in many countries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back