Common Faults for Certain Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i thought it would be a good idea to start a post regarding Common Problems with certain Boilers. We've all been to certain boilers where we know almost immediatley the problem (im thinking isars, Suprimas, Modenas). Having worked for BG their laptops contained common specific faults, symptoms and hints and tips for certain boilers.

Sponsored Links
great idea! some of the more experienced posters will have lots of input im sure.

Having worked for BG their laptops contained common specific faults, symptoms and hints and tips for certain boilers

any way to get that info?

Thanks.

No chance, closed system - BG dont like sharing their knowledge. They also had a program called Xsol which would walk you through the fault finding of certain boilers (including where to place your Multimeter Probes) and what part and how to change it.

the hint and tips and xsol are both flawed, i only use them if im really desperate.

the problem with putting up a common fault list is diyers are likely to misinterpret them and start firing random parts onto boilers.

Sponsored Links
the problem with putting up a common fault list is diyers are likely to misinterpret them and start firing random parts onto boilers.

exactly the reason why we have the Combustion Chamber section suggest that we continue this discussion in there! I see you have already posted it there
so perhaps MOD will join the 2 together in there.

exactly the reason why we have the Combustion Chamber section suggest that we continue this discussion in there! I see you have already posted it there
so perhaps MOD will join the 2 together in there.

:rolleyes: i didnt mean in a dangerous manner, just an expensive one.

**** the CC.

' **** the CC.'

Is that a technical term Nickso? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back