Complete new house wiring with 2 showers

You shouldn't be allowed anywhere near electricity with questions like that... You'll end up frying yourself if you try doing any of the work yourself. Leave it to the professionals please!

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't be allowed anywhere near electricity with questions like that... You'll end up frying yourself if you try doing any of the work yourself. Leave it to the professionals please!
I would suspect that one or other of those things has probably already happened in the 18 months since the discussion took place!

Kind Regards, John

I am not doing this myself just learning a few pointers..
Well you need to read this first.
http://electrical.theiet.org/books/regulations/17th-edition-amd1.cfm
One more question, Lets say there are number of wires in the lighting circuit where you have wall lights and centre lights, is there a tester that would help the distinguish which wire goes where???
Yes there is but it won't help unless you understand how to test and how to interpret test results. You need to read this first.
http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/jon+elliot/guidance+note+3/6276119/

Once I saw a guy with a tester, with all the electrics off he was able to find out which wire from the switch went to the centre light and which went to the lights on the wall. What do you call that tester...
Read the above Guidance book and all will be revealed.

PMSL!! I have had to read both those books and have the 17th edition and 2391 inspection and testing qualifications... which allows me to install consumer units. Nobody should be allowed near one without at least those quals!

Sponsored Links
PMSL!! I have had to read both those books and have the 17th edition and 2391 inspection and testing qualifications... which allows me to install consumer units.
They might do - we do see people here with those but still without a clue.

Nobody should be allowed near one without at least those quals!
Or sufficient competence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back