Compound Mitre Saw for 120mm decking boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am building myself a deck, I am going to use 120mm decking boards. I am going to buy a cheap compound mitre saw that has a blade diameter of 210mm will this be sufficient to cut this width of board ?

Regards

Sponsored Links
the pcm is 10mm short at 110mm
the blade size is not the cutting width as the cutting point is near the bottom off the blade where its around half the size

Sponsored Links
You can always make one cut and then turn the board over to finish from the other side, it's not so difficult to align.

You can always make one cut and then turn the board over to finish from the other side, it's not so difficult to align.

the trouble with flipping is you will have a very small triangle going from 10mm to zero with the curve off the blade
you could off course stop cutting when the blade on top 2/3rds the way through then flip

another choice is a 12mm bit off ply fixed to the surface with double sided tape to raise the cutting area higher up on the blade to give you the 120mm required
this will off course reduce the thickness you can cut by 12mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back