Decking area, how many boards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am constructing a decking area in the garden which is going to be a bit of an awkward shape.

I have looked online for decking calculators to see how many boards I will need. Looking at getting standard 120mm boards. They dont seem to cater for the awkward shape

Would it be possible for some in the know here, maybe Thermo! to work out how many 120mm boards I will need for the following sized decking. I will be able to just go into the local timber merchants then and get the correct amount.

I have tried to upload a pic but it cam out too small.

The dimensions are:

Lengths 440cm and 330cm
Widths 400cm and 300cm

Hopefully I am right in thinking I just get boards for a coverage of approx 16sqm, given the strange shape it should cover it

Sponsored Links
8 1m lengths = 1m wide[with 5mm spacings]so you need 8x the square metreage plus 10-15% spare

if you care to do an accurate drawing with joists marked on then you can reduce the spare to a minimum but always allow a minimum 2 extra lengths to allow for dammage and mistakes

realy confused by your messurement !!
are your areas 4.4m x4m=17.6 and 3.3x3=9.9m total27.5

8 1m lengths = 1m wide[with 5mm spacings]so you need 8x the square metreage plus 10-15% spare

if you care to do an accurate drawing with joists marked on then you can reduce the spare to a minimum but always allow a minimum 2 extra lengths to allow for dammage and mistakes

realy confused by your messurement !!
are your areas 4.4m x4m=17.6 and 3.3x3=9.9m total27.5

I know sorry, the shape is like a trapezium

The longest length is 4.4m, the opposite length is 3.3m

The longest width is 4m, and the shortest width is 3m

Sponsored Links
Its pretty simple geometry - draw it on paper and split it into small areas and add their areas up, if you are struggling with the maths.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back