Concealed cistern troubles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a cheap concealed cistern fitted in my ensuite. It's a toilet and sink unit with the concealed cistern but I've had endless troubles. Now and again the tank won't refill and keeps constantly refilling the toilet bowl until I take the front off and mess around with the wire then it'll sort itself out. The last time I flushed it the whole cistern fell off the wall and I had to frantically mess around trying to get to the ISO valve which has been fitted 2 cm off the floor so I've had to pull the back board off nightmare!
Anyway I'm wondering if I should just buy another cistern and have done or does the wire need shortening to help it refill? I can't believe how poor the brackets are on the back of the thing!
Anyway I'm reluctant to silicone the whole thing back up again incase it falls off or won't refill. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is the cistern not on a backplate? Are you saying some **** has used silicone to hold it up?

Wow, would you look at that, someone got paid real life money to fit this.

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd start again.

Get a cistern with decent fill and flush valve, sort out that awful flush pipe and cold feed.

That's a shocking bit of plumbing :LOL:

What's more shocking is that companies are allowed to sell this rubbish and get away with it.

As you say Kasal, it was cheap and there lies the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back