Concealing Switch Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to conceal a light switch Cable that was running on top of the wallpaper (in a trunkin). I am redecorating the room with wall paper and want to hide this cable in the wall and paper on top. I have used oval conduit (16mm) on other rooms. But the depth of the plaster on this wall is only 5-8mm, so I would need to channel the block also, which I rather not, if I can get away with it.

Are there any slim conduits available on the market for single cables? Or is there any other option to hide this cable in the wall. As it is a light switch cable, Can I get away with, not using a conduit?

Sponsored Links
You don't have to use conduit if you don't want to, some would shun the idea of not using it and others it wouldn't bother.

You'll need to tack it in places to hold it in place when you re plaster over it. Be careful when you do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back