Concrete Lorry Delivery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy

Footings dug, concrete required... Any suggestions for a concrete delivery company in Surrey?

I need to either be able to pump or chute the concrete over ~10m as I am mid terrace without a rear access.

Cheers one and all

Sponsored Links
the pump people can either pump over your house with a rigid boom or around it with a lot of surface piping.

it will obviosly depend on which is the most suitable, but yours will not be all that difficult.

finding parking space for the pump lorry and the concrete wagon probably will.

we had to go over a three storey manor house once with rather delicate looking chimneys. :eek:

or through it. we did one a few weeks ago to lay 8m3 at the end of a 62m run in a garden. Right on the limit of the pump. Quick and no mess, but bloody hard work taking the piping apart and emptying the concrete out afterwards. not a job for a guy on your own.

Cheers for the input fellas... you both sounds like you know what you're on about! I've been on to all the companies google threw at me for Surrey, I am now erring towards getting the boys round and barrowing it through the house after seeing that a pump will set me back more than twice the cost of the concrete.

The best companies say that they will wait 60 mins whilst it's barrowed - in your experience should this long enough to barrow 60 loads of concrete? I assume it has to be done this quickly or it will start setting, right?

Anyone got any other company suggestions before I plump with one?

Thanks a load

Sponsored Links
60 barrows in a n hour? Ever pushed a fully loaded barrow of concrete? Now try doing it 60 times through the house without spilling any.

pump it!

Chilichowder wrote

in your experience should this long enough to barrow 60 loads of concrete?

60 load ????????????????????. What are you constructing ? A bridge ?.
Or 60 wheel barrow fulls which is about roughly about 3- 4 cubic meters.

quote "60 barrows in a n hour? Ever pushed a fully loaded barrow of concrete? Now try doing it 60 times through the house without spilling any. "

I have... yes. had to get all the feckin soil out to the skip that way this w/e! :)

it's a bit of an arse, but by then I'll have the kitchen wall out and there will be a straight run way from the road to the foundations... I may be being a cheap skate, but why spend £300 on something your muscles can do in an hour or two? Or am I using those rose tinted specs again?

Balenza said:
Chilichowder wrote

in your experience should this long enough to barrow 60 loads of concrete?

60 load ????????????????????. What are you constructing ? A bridge ?.
Or 60 wheel barrow fulls which is about roughly about 3- 4 cubic meters.

Well picked up on :) 60 *wheel barrows* full - that is the highest number of barrow fulls quoted by companies for 2m3 concrete - the average no quoted was 40. That sound fairer?

Wheel barrow it no problems. :D
You could also hire one of these in the link below if manpower is low (or feeling lazy)which may speed the operation up somewhat.
My local hire store have a fleet of these for sale or hire and most good hire companys should stock them.
http://www.mucktrucksa.com/mucktruckvideos.html

Playing the video shows them in operation and they should pass through most doorways. :D

get those lats and thighs workin, 3m of conc, get it in in no time.
some of your local firms will provide a borrowing service, usually 1 or 2 young scroats who barrow in with you.if they barrow you can rake and point at where u want it.

BuilderSte said:
get those lats and thighs workin, 3m of conc, get it in in no time.
some of your local firms will provide a borrowing service, usually 1 or 2 young scroats who barrow in with you.if they barrow you can rake and point at where u want it.

Ah, some more advocators of the muscle method - I'm sold! Concrete booked, barrows ahoy. I promise to report back apologising for doubting the pumpers if I snap my back in two :)

Cheers all.

Dan

since using concrete pumps, i would never, EVER go back to barrowing again.

NEVER.

round here a company from Tamworth will pump two 6m3 loads for £225.

there is no comparison.

i have to admit though, getting the pump people and the concrete suppliers to coincide can be a bit of a headache. :rolleyes:

Im in total agreement. i can see from a diy point of view why finacially its not attractive to do it. From a job point of view it is so much easier and quicker and finacially cheaper. I can get concrete job done in a few hours and move onto the next job. I still dont understand why a some builders knock up loads of concrete on site for biggish jobs!
We only have a couple of pumping companys down our way so most of the concrete companys will tie in quite well with them

never had the need to use a pump. nobody round here does either. barrowing concrete is not hard. and 3m is nothing really. did a slab with 6m in it the other month me and my mate with the conc company helping to barrow, took no time, do footings week in week out, again with barrows, no prob. pumps, generally are not cost efective. even on bigger jobs ie newbuild, we use man power.

I used to make them muck trucks for a bit, bending the skip part was hard work :(

If you barrowing, make sure you get the run as smooth as poss, and put plenty of stuff to protect your floors.

Wet concrete is heavy, even if your pretty strong, especailly after 5 or 6 barrows :LOL: Dont be tempted to fill the barrow level with the top if youve got anything awkward to negotiate!
Not worth pumping for such a small amount, 2m isnt much really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back