Concrete Strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished removing laminate flooring and three layers of old tiles from my kitchen concrete floor which is now back to it's original level.Only problem this leaves me with a strip (about 3.5 meters long) of concrete which is about 4mm proud of the new level.Concrete hides central heating pipes and I know (by checking) that the pipes are safely well below my new level.Had simlar but much smaller problem in other rooms but used cold chisel in these to level the strips of concrete on these floors.Does anyone have a solution other than many hours hard work with the chisel! I am wondering if there is such a thing as a concrete sander or similar?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your interest and your query.Either I return it to five parquet as it was originally or tiles depending on both sourcing parquet fingers and cost.Might even go for something like Karndean flooring.My other floors(5) I have refurbished back to parquet and I am getting sick & tired of doing it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back