Concrete tiles and a shallow pitch roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shallow pitch roof (approx 15 degrees) on my kitchen extension and have been advised that I should replace the slate composite tiles with concrete ones, can anyone please tell me why this is?

Sponsored Links
I have a shallow pitch roof (approx 15 degrees) on my kitchen extension and have been advised that I should replace the slate composite tiles with concrete ones, can anyone please tell me why this is?
Not enough pitch,I believe the minimum pitch is 17.5 and this is not even enough imo.There are some tiles that manufactures claim can go on low pitch roofs but its just asking for trouble imo.Either raise the pitch if practical or replace with some sort of flat roof weather it be felt or epdm.

Well if it's leaking then it needs sorting. 15 degrees is pretty flat pitch for your type of slate.

options are Wessex as already reccomended
Regent 11.5 degrees on a leanto type roof
Redland Cambrian slate which will also work
There are others but there a reasonable choice there all which will be fine

Sponsored Links
There is a slate which will go as low as 15 degrees called cambrian slate manufactured by Redland. However if you have lower than that there is a concrete interlocking tile made by the same company called a redland regent which will work on roof pitches as low as 12.5 degrees

options are Wessex as already reccomended
Regent 11.5 degrees on a leanto type roof
Redland Cambrian slate which will also work
There are others but there a reasonable choice there all which will be fine
after which which "williswestcot" replied;
There is a slate which will go as low as 15 degrees called cambrian slate manufactured by Redland. However if you have lower than that there is a concrete interlocking tile made by the same company called a redland regent which will work on roof pitches as low as 12.5 degrees
:rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back