Concreting shed floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need to concrete the floor of a shed / workshop / stable overall size is 21 ft by 60 ft its a steel frame building in 4 bays.

A long time since we've laid much concrete, what is the best way to go about it, our initial thoughts was to do alternate bays i.e. 15 ft by 21ft (we haven't got much labour)

What is best to use for shuttering as finished floor level will be above exsisting ground level, can the metal shuttering 'formwork be hired, and are we better to hire a tamp or screeder, any tips much appreciated

Sponsored Links
use readymix your better off shutterng it in 4*2
and pore the lod in one go
tamp it off using a lenth of 4*2
shed base id use 100mm type 1 stone waked
100mm poured slab
200mm total
use expansion joints to stop cracking

use readymix your better off shutterng it in 4*2
and pore the lod in one go
tamp it off using a lenth of 4*2
shed base id use 100mm type 1 stone waked
100mm poured slab
200mm total
use expansion joints to stop cracking

Spell checker anyone....>?

Sponsored Links
I could understand what plstering, was trying to say, he's the only one who's offered any advice so thanks to plstering

I also fully understood what pistering wrote, and whilst I do not always agree with his posts, I do respect the efforts he makes trying to help other people out. :(
oldun :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back