Condensate drain

Does anyone know if salamanders "condisafe" has been backed by any makers yet?

and if so cant you terminate them anywhere?

Sponsored Links
can anyone link me to the regs concerning condensate pipes. particullary to the part where it says you can increase the pipework to 32mm and not have it lagged. i've read it in threads on this forum but cannot find where it says you can do this in the regs.

edit :that wasnt too clear, it's regarding the running of condensate in an external situation.

32mm waste wont freeze in this country. Have you seen any basin wastes that are insulated externally?

markplumb said:
can anyone link me to the regs concerning condensate pipes. particullary to the part where it says you can increase the pipework to 32mm and not have it lagged. i've read it in threads on this forum but cannot find where it says you can do this in the regs.

edit :that wasnt too clear, it's regarding the running of condensate in an external situation.

It's mentioned in MI's. Boiler specific. Must read current MI's when installing a familiar boiler, they are periodically changed with reference to these issues.

Sponsored Links
that's why i asked paul. Was thinking of fitting an ecotec plus 831 (M.I state max 3 meters in 22mm od dia plastic pipe otherwise it's only a pumped option) but the equivalent bosch M.I seem to give way more options. considering the ecotec plus has a syphoning trap i can't see the problem myself as long as there is a good fall on the 32mm.

i'll phone vaillant in the morning and see what they have to say.

thanks anyway guys.

gas4you said:
32mm waste wont freeze in this country. Have you seen any basin wastes that are insulated externally?

When I was a nipper they did ........ But havent known that occur fer freakin' years :eek:

wiggikins - tundish already fitted that is the problem - it's open and smells can come out of it from drains

simond can you let me know where you are getting the adaptors as that is what i cant find a code number would be great

thanks

kev

gas4you said:
Yes. And I've also seen a frozen 40mm bath waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back