Condensate Joys.

S

ScottCheg

As an RGI, Im loving this weather.

Unbloked 9 condesing pipes today. £80 a go. Probably do the same tomorrow. Oh, and Sunday (double rate).

Scot.

Sponsored Links
Yeah. I do re-pipe in inch and a half. With a proper fall.

Scot.

Sponsored Links
No. Every install I have done has not suffered this problem. Pay peanuts... get monkeys. My own Uncle wanted the condensate outside, but I badgered him in to my way of thinking. I run all mine in Inch and a half, inside the propery. I just repair the muppets abortions.

Scot.

Proper? :?: I left that word alone in the 70's.

You'll be having Schnorbitz giving an opinion soon. :confused:

Could use pipe heat tape???

What do they do in Poland?

What do they do in Poland?

Same as they do in Germany. Boiler, washing machine etc...all in a plant room with purpose provided waste outlets internally. In small properties such as flats etc, they have larger bathrooms with the same thing. Unforutnately show a small room downstairs to a developer in a UK and it becomes a WC or upstairs it becomes a "box room" or study. Form over function thats us brits :rolleyes:

I woke up this morning with an invention in my brain - an automatic syphon trap for condensate pipes - like that used on a urinal cistern. A small 'mini' tank fills up to a level at which it then syphons out all in one 'flush', so that condensate then exits to the outside pipe in short bursts, rather than the steady trickle that causes an icicle to grow in the pipe.

Very good, you'll be inventing the wheel next, and discovering fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back