Condensate Joys.

Ok, so where do they sell these 'Condensate flush syphons'?

Sponsored Links
As an RGI, Im loving this weather.

Unbloked 9 condesing pipes today. £80 a go. Probably do the same tomorrow. Oh, and Sunday (double rate).

Scot.

So when the re-freeze again today and they ring you again,are you going to charge them £80 again??

Is it £80 for everyone?

So all those years of training have finally paid off?!

Sponsored Links
I'm talking about a closed version of this, fitted inside the building, between the boiler and the pipe going out through the wall.

No no no no no...You just don't get it! I'm not talking about the trap built into the boiler that stops combustion gas / air pressure venting down the condensate pipe - I'm talking about a device that accumulates the condensate until it is full, and then flushes it down the pipe all in one go, meaning that there is never a slow trickle of condensate, only the occasional gush as the 'automatic cistern' storing the condensate flushes itself once in a while, preventing build up of frozen condensate in the pipe in the form of a growing icicle / stalactite...

No no no no no...You just don't get it! I'm not talking about the trap built into the boiler that stops combustion gas / air pressure venting down the condensate pipe - I'm talking about a device that accumulates the condensate until it is full, and then flushes it down the pipe all in one go, meaning that there is never a slow trickle of condensate, only the occasional gush as the 'automatic cistern' storing the condensate flushes itself once in a while, preventing build up of frozen condensate in the pipe in the form of a growing icicle / stalactite...

yes I do get it. Its called a syphonic condense trap. Fitted to many(not all) boilers on the UK market.

Pretty sure that most boilers these days include a syphonic trap. Not all of them mind, so I suppose a boiler which doesn't could have one fitted near to the appliance as a wee precaution.

And there I was, hat and gloves on, on my way to the patent office...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back