Condensation caused by new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have (I think) an 'open vent' central heating system in my house. My old boiler was replaced in March with a new condensing boiler.
The boiler is in the kitchen and since I've had the new boiler I've got loads of condensation in the kitchen, on the windows and walls etc.
I didn't have this problem with the old boiler - is this normal and can I do anything about it.
Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
This is not normal and really needs checking out asap. I would even go as far as to say don't use it until it has been checked.

You could call out National Grid now and they would be able to tell if it is actually safe to be left on.

We need to know the make and model of boiler.

The boiler is an Alpha CD18R - The old boiler I had used to give off quite a lot of heat and act almost like a radiator, the new one is much more efficient and gives off virtually no heat. As I've got no radiator or heating in the kitchen I'm wondering if the condensation is caused by the kitchen being cold - the condensation has been worse since the weather got colder.

Sponsored Links
Ypur condensation may be because of the fact there is no rad, it's getting colder and, being a kitchen, there is a lot of steam. Having said that I think you need to get the boiler checked, just in case there's a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back