Condensation/Dampness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have posted about this condensation/dampness before and was given very good advice which I followed to the letter.
3 weeks later the black mould has started appearing on the walls and ceiling again. A lot of my clothes have mould on them and I have had to throw out several pairs of shoes : (
I don't know what to do next. HELP

TIA

Sponsored Links
Not sure what advice you were given or what you did but bear in mind that condensation doesn't necessarily disappear over night. After treatment, a property that has suffered for a prolonged period of time might take several months and really a sumer season to fully balance the internal environment.

Hi John, thanks for replying.

The advice I was given was regarding heating, ventilation not drying clothes on radiators. We washed the mould off and sprayed it with anti-mould stuff.
We also have a dehumidifier in the room which removed quite a lot of water but we stopped using that a week ago as the water collector part of it was empty. Do you think we should give this another go?
The room concerned has wallpaper on the walls we are going to strip the wallpaper off as someone told us wallpaper can make the mould worse?
We have moved the wardrobe approx 4 inches out from the wall to allow the air to circulate. Quite a lot of my shoes and clothes had mould growing on them. I had to dispose of a lot of these items as they were not salvageable, I cant afford to keep on throwing clothes out.
Any further advice would be very much appreciated.
Sorry for the long post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back