Condensation in the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

We recently had a loft hatch, ladder and boards professionally fitted.

We now get tonnes of insulation on the felt on the inside of the roof in the loft space.

We have a couple of vent on the tiles, but unsure why this is happening!

I can’t see any vents where the tiles meet the house.

My thought at the moment is that they fitted the hatch above a radiator and heat is escaping to the loft space warming it and creating the condensation.

They’re coming back on Monday to look, but I want to know whether it is something they’ve done. As it wasn’t there before.

The condensation has also fallen onto the boards and warped them a bit. Very annoying for something that was expensive!!

Sponsored Links
A smoke match lit below the closed loft hatch would indicate if it’s being drawn into loft , or stand in loft with hatch closed and turn on lights below, if you can see light around the hatch it’s not sealed .

is the loft hatch properly insulated?

What happened to the insulation when they fitted boards?

My thought at the moment is that they fitted the hatch above a radiator and heat is escaping to the loft space warming it and creating the condensation.

Heat does not create water.

If it coincided with fitting the insulation I expect they have blocked the eaves.

Do you have holes in the bathroom ceiling, for example with downlighters?

Where does the bathroom extractor fan vent?

Do you have reason to think there was no condensation before insulating?

Sponsored Links
Heat does not create water.

If it coincided with fitting the insulation I expect they have blocked the eaves.

Do you have holes in the bathroom ceiling, for example with downlighters?

Where does the bathroom extractor fan vent?

Do you have reason to think there was no condensation before insulating?
He didn’t mention insulation, think that was a typo ( condensation).?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back