Condense leak on baxi 100he/133he heat exchangers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a baxi 133he that is only 3 months old and the combustion box is filling with condense water manufactures have been out and said the flue is fitted at too steep angle, have adjusted flue to 3 deg incline, fault is still there looks like water is leaking in via the top white rope seal at the rear of the combustion box. manufactures are coming back again but does anyone know what is causing it, my feelings are that the main heat exchanger box will need to completely replaced, due to a manufacturing fault.

Sponsored Links
Hope its not me going to it :confused: soumds like its either the manifold seal on the right of the h/exchanger or the o ring seals on the pipe connections leaking ive had a few lately :cry:

Its not the manifold seal have seen that before, job is booked in for fri in barton le clay beds. lovely piece of kit the 133he looks like a dream to work on all spaced out and the ex vessel easy to recharge, much better than an ideal icos/isar, that requires hands the size of a doll to remove the undersized condenses trap.

Sponsored Links
cool not me ;) just got my work and im in Oxford tommorow :D

yes it is nice to work on just the thought of going to L*ton :rolleyes:

corgigazza said:
Its not the manifold seal have seen that before, job is booked in for fri in barton le clay beds. lovely piece of kit the 133he looks like a dream to work on all spaced out and the ex vessel easy to recharge, much better than an ideal icos/isar, that requires hands the size of a doll to remove the undersized condenses trap.

Hi, we have the same problem - boiler been in 3 mnths - how/did was it resolved

Appreciate help CATED :(

Baxi attened call them for a free visit, you need the boiler serial number.
Or call out your installer to make sure none of the pipework is leaking.

dont know how it was fixed as did not attend, but when spoke to call centre they said some of the heat exchangers were assembled wrong on the top flue hood, causing condense water to leak into the combustion chamber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back