Condensing boiler exemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
You want the regs for a situation no one can see. Then when people give the benefit of their experience you dismiss it.

Landlord will not allow flue terminals through any part of the building except where boiler positions currently are. Even If I could I would not have a flue through the front of the building. Horrible looking things. I do not want the boiler in any other location than what it is in. The document and points system means it is an exemption.

710 points, because it is a flat
350 points, if boiler has to be moved to another room to be condensing.

= 1,060. Over 1,000 which means exempt.

Sponsored Links
Well why don't you just get on with it instead of whinging about it?... We have told you and you don't like what we have said but it is not us that you have to convince...

Even if we told you that everything will be tickety boo, you'd still argue...Do you find that all of the tradesmen who have worked for you have retired or emigrated when you call them again?

Get the boiler repair, power flush system and replace whatever need doing.

Then sell flat and move.

Daniel.

It must be a tower block of extreme architectural importance for all this worry about a 60mm black plastic tube. Perhaps a construction that would make Inigo Jones weep into is Perry :LOL:

Well why don't you just get on with it instead of whinging about it?... We have told you and you don't like what we have said but it is not us that you have to convince...
I am not doing the whinging. Who are these "we"? Mr Hailsham is about the only one who really helped adding value to what I saw in the document, and Denso13 for posting the document, although he didn't seem to see it. All the rest did not know it could easily be exempt. One was saying put a non-condensing boiler in and do not tell anyone as it would be breaking the rules after it was clear I would not be. Those "we" told me incorrect information and after they were directed to the information and some of it was posted, were still whinging on and on about getting a condensing boiler in when it was a clear exemption case. I would like a condensing boiler as it is cheaper to run, but it is just not practical. I know people in flats who have gone over to condensing boilers and the savings were hardly noticeable. I was surprised by the points system how easy it is to exempt a flat.

All the "experts" here were telling me it could not be. That is why we see all these ugly pipes strewn over buildings in London and other cities. They just do not know. Even when this thread has proven how easy it is to exempt a boiler in a block of flats people were, and are still coming back saying it should not be done. I find that amazing. They will not admit they were wrong.

I could get the existing old boiler fixed, but the cost is phenomenal. A nice new non-condensing one will sit in its place. I wanted to have a non-condensing boiler, I came here to see if I could. Now I know I can. Thanks to the few that helped.

And yet you still come here to whinge at us rather than getting on with the job...

John, you are looking at the work, we're not. Would you ask a blind man to drive you to the supermarket?
The chap who said you could have one doesn't fit boilers but is very useful with google.
I've put in quite a few boilers since the change to condensing appliances came in, not one SE.
There is obviously a need or the likes of vokera wouldn't still make them. To say you can't fit one because they look horrible is silly, but if you qualify for exemption then fantastic.

And yet you still come here to whinge at us rather than getting on with the job...
I am not whinging I am delighted I can fit a non-condensing boiler in the flat. I got that info from the informed here. If I listened to the uninformed I would be going all electric by now.

roguetrader said:
John, you are looking at the work, we're not. Would you ask a blind man to drive you to the supermarket?
The chap who said you could have one doesn't fit boilers but is very useful with google.
He was very useful and came up with the info that mattered, well two of them did. In hindsight the rest didn't have much of clue. Why don't most of you just stop carping on and admit you never knew, instead of trying to save face. Now it makes matters easier for you fellows as you now know you can fit regular boilers in 99% of flats.

If GasSafe fellows knew the regs more companies would make them. After all they still make all the parts for non-condensing boilers. I rang a few companies, W-B and Ideal do not make non-condensing boilers any longer. It cannot be difficult to get up a production line for them. From this forum, if the responses are typical of GasSafe fellows which I would assume they are over the UK, the demand for non-condensing boilers would be much greater.

I qualify for exemption because the landlord will not allow a plume or a pipe on the common landing, which he owns. That alone is good enough for exemption in a flat as it goes to over 1,000 points. It is so easy to be exempt for a flat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back