Confused about radiators and central heating system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am confused! I have a Ferroli Optimax HE Plus 31C which feeds only 4 radiators 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs.

The first rad to heat up is the one downstairs at the same time the one in the bathroom heats up which is directly above the boiler in the kitchen, then very slowly by the 2nd rad in the middle bedroom and eventually by the 3rd in the front bedroom.

The further from the bathroom the colder the rad is and the 3rd rad is barely tepid. ? Sludge perhaps?

Now if I close the TRV to 0 in the bathroom then neither of the remaining rads get warm, why would that be?

Should I take each rad off and flush it outside?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Check that the trv's are not stuck in the closed position

Hi I am confused! Should I take each rad off and flush it outside?

Cheers
That`s a good start - and cost effective ;) . do that and report back

Flushed out 3 upstairs rads and the pipes connecting them and everything seems to be working well. :D Just became aware of a one way connector bridging the flow and return pipes below the boiler, it is 1/8th of a turn open? :confused: What's going on there? The return is almost as hot as the flow!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back