Confused by cw flow.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1st post. I arrived at my static holiday home and the 12 year old Morco FEB 24E blew it's pcb. It leaks and has had it's day. I have now removed the boiler. Capped the cold water feed had the lpg gas feed made safe but now have a weird problem. I only have mains cw pressure on one sink. Cistern, shower, kitchen sink and washing machine just a trickle. I Would really appreciate a professionals opinion. Thank you in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
what did you use to isolate the cold supply before capping the pipe ? I assume ALL cold water outlets are connected to a mains supply and nothing from storage tank of any kind .and finally at what drain off point did you drain water before working on boiler removal ?

Terryplumb. Thanks for your reply. I turned off the water stopcock under my lodge. Drained the boiler via its draining valve then disconnected cw feed. I used a 15mm pushfit to cap it and turned water back on. As you summised it's not on a tank and mains pressure is good. Thank you once again.

is the sink that IS giving water delivering water at the usual pressure?? do you know if this tap is the first draw off point on the pipework from the stopcock ( nearest to it ).? on the HOT water delivery pipe from the boiler , ( the one that takes hot water to taps ) have you capped that as well ? there are only a few things that will cause the symptoms you have ...
1. blocked filters
2. obstruction in pipework by valves or foreign body.
3. air lock . which is very very unusual on mains pressure pipework ,but not impossible .
got a tool kit with you ?

Sponsored Links
Going under the lodge this afternoon. Head torch and work clothes on! Report later. The now redundant hw feed to taps is open so I'll cap that first. Thanks again.

wise to cap pipe ,as cold water could possibly enter hot pipework via mixer tap / shower mixers ,and flood the place. isolator valves rather than caps ,would allow you to release air / check if water is present /flowing.

Oh yes!!! Terryplumb thank you!! I knew it had to be weird. 1st take off was bathroom sink. Full pressure. 2nd was boiler feed full pressure 3rd kitchen sink...low pressure
Removed pipework downstream of boiler and found a panhead screw perfectly jammed in one of the ferrule inserts of a connector. I stripped the boiler as much as I could in situ to avoid an awkward lift out. You guessed it a screw from the gas valve managed to perfectly drop down the open cold feed pipe. So now on with our holiday!!!

comes under the foreign body in pipework heading !!! well done mate ,have a good holiday.. where are you by the way ?

Currently lake district. Home town York. I now need advise as regards an lpg water boiler to service a shower and 2 sinks but never at the same time. We do like our showers though!! The c/h aspect is now not a factor. We don't use it in winter so it won't be missed. Off to the shower room now for a cold shower...... joy!! Jon

ha ha ,nice part of the country up there Jon ,plenty of warm lakes to bathe in !! have a good hol (y)

Some what limited as to choice of LPG water heaters, Bosch do one for static vans but you need a good water supply Morco still make them F11ed is the new one (11lts per min) power flue so you maybe able to use same flue hole that your boiler used

For heaven's sake don't fit a replacement LPG boiler yourself...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back