Confusion

never look at the rotten branches for the problem, always go to the roots.
the root of the worlds problem is sin.
And the seven deadly sins are: Pride. envy, wrath, gluttony, lust, sloth and greed.
Sounds like fun to me pretty much.

Any harm we do to each other can be and is covered by law. Religion is no longer needed.

Sin’s Advantage in the Law
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me. 12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

Law Cannot Save from Sin
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it isno longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I willto do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
That is a load of mixed up mumbo jumbo. None of it makes sense, but I guess that's the point. Keep the weakminded and superstitious people from understanding too much, keep em busy with riddles with no answer. Stop them from having a free mind.
Irony is that it's man made so all the troubles with religion have been bought onto us ourselves.

Sponsored Links
Dave Allen and Father Ted gave us some good laughs about the Catholic Church, but I don’t think that Citizen Khan cuts the mustard when it comes to Islam!

See you in the brothel on Wednesday.

I went earlier this afternoon, but the police burst in and began reading me my rights. I protested it was a place of worship, but the copper nodded towards Busty Belinda and quipped "Worshipping on Mount Sinai, were you?"

In a desperate effort to stop myself from getting cuffed, I mentioned Elvis and our battle cry and now it appears I am being detained for my own protection under Section 2 of the Mental Health Act, whatever that is.

As I was being dragged out of the building, I overheard a sergeant talking about searching for a cult leader in Dorset.

Sponsored Links
No it's not!
And you sound fanatical. Quite scary actually.[/QUOTE]

i am not a fantatical, just explaining to you, but your not understanding what i mean. why is it scary.

That is a load of mixed up mumbo jumbo. None of it makes sense, but I guess that's the point. Keep the weakminded and superstitious people from understanding too much, keep em busy with riddles with no answer. Stop them from having a free mind.
Irony is that it's man made so all the troubles with religion have been bought onto us ourselves.[/QUOTE]

sorry about that, i thought it might be a be hard for you to understand.

if you think its a fairy story ,thats your choice.
No. It is your choice to believe it is NOT a fairy story.

So, anyway - if your god comes down to me tomorrow (I shall be surprised but if he does) and we start this new religion, which will be better than all the others, will you believe in and follow me?

Just to add - in case you think I haven't thought it through and are wondering how it will be better than the others.

I shall insist on no silly rules.
You won't have to wear any funny clothes.
You can have a beard if you want or not if you don't want; you can even have a moustache as well.
You can shave your head, not shave your head, or have any length of hair you wish.
You won't need to stick your arse in the air to communicate with god or even kneel uncomfortably, make silly noises or dance.
You won't have to cut off the end of your penis or do even worse to girls.
There will be no 'bosses', except me, living in palatial luxury paid for by the poor.
There will be no fighting between different departments.
Common sense will be the order of the day and become worthy of its name again.

There are probably more I can't think of at the moment.

I'm beginning to hope god does exist and comes to see me tomorrow.
I look forward to letting you know.

if you think its a fairy story ,thats your choice.
No. It is your choice to believe it is NOT a fairy story.

So, anyway - if your god comes down to me tomorrow (I shall be surprised but if he does) and we start this new religion, which will be better than all the others, will you believe in and follow me?
No way am I letting you be in charge of my new religion...

ok, to love your neighbor as yourself, that what Jesus said, thats the second commandment, if thats what you mean.

That is not the second commandment.
your thinking of the ten commandments
but,
29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lordyour God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Sponsored Links
Back