connecting a low voltage garden lighting set to the lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Given that they have 13 amps plugs. I wondered if I could run a lighting cable from a switch indoors and connect it to the relevant transformer via some sort of junction box. Means i can leave a permanent connection.I know removing the plug invalidates the guarantee but i really domnt want a cable trailing over the patio to socket indoors
I also have a pumped water feature i want to the same with.
any ideas?

Sponsored Links
My idea is that you should find out how circuits, especially including lighting circuits, work, because your idea probably won't on account of your light switch probably not having a neutral present.

My idea is that you should find out how circuits, especially including lighting circuits, work, because your idea probably won't on account of your light switch probably not having a neutral present.

• Ill look through the links you supplied shortly . Thank you for them.In the meantime let me just say that an electrician fixed a triple switch in my house for garden lights and the water feature. He then ran a cable to a junction box on wall in my garage which is adjacent to the patio.He also ran an outdoor cable under under the patio which presumably he would connect both to the junction box and water feature.Lastly he laid a plastic overflow pipe under the patio through which he will run some more cable for the lights.That basically is the situation
    As far as i understand the transformer is a step down and whilst that is obviously 240 volts the lighting is 12 volts

I am obviously concerned about the legalities and would it want it passed

edit. By the way i dont understand what you mean by my light switch not having neutral.I thought all light switches did?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back