Connecting bath basin and toilet to stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

This is my first post on this forum so go easy on me.......

I'm building (literally, on my own pretty much) a small 3 bed storey-and-a-half (i.e. room in the roof) traditional style house on the west coast of Scotland (I know, different regs. ) and am trying to sort out a way of plumbing in an upstairs bathroom. My problem is this; the design is such that the w.c. is on an internal wall, at a right angle and about 2 meters from the gable end where I intend to put a vented external stack. The pan connector will come from the back of the pan, turn 90 degrees into the branch and exit through the gable to tee into the stack. The bath and basin will ideally tee into the branch but because of the joist runs, the branch will be above the floor level (boxed in). The bath lies along the gable with it's end on the same wall as the w.c. - i.e. the soil branch runs under one end of the bath - and the drain is central in the bath. I don't have enough height to tee the bath drain into the top of the 110mm pipe and get a fall. Any suggestions as to how to connect the bath drain to the horizontal branch? I've read somewhere that a bath trap must be min. 50mm deep if it goes to a soil pipe. Anyone know if this is true? I could if absolutely necessary go out through the gable end separately for the 40mm bath drain and tee it into the stack externally but that's what I'm trying to avoid. Is a non return valve a good/bad idea or is it not allowed?

Also, there will be a ground floor shower room with toilet. This toilet will be down stream of the vented stack and I'd like to have either no vent pipe or an internal one with Durgo in the loft space. Again, good or bad idea?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
HI

1.it is bad idea to connect to horizontal soil pipe.if possible run 40mm waste straight in to vertical soil pipe.
2.downstairs w.c will be ok without vent.(i have 3 w.cs and only one vent
and do not have problem)

Lunat

Thanks for that. As I thought. I'll need to take the 40mm out through the wall and connect to the stack. Does this have to be above the 110mm branch or can I go in at the same point as long as it's not directly opposite? I have a swept tee with a 40mm boss at 90 degrees to the 110 branch. I can't see it being likely that waste from a flush would back up into the bath waste.

Regarding the internal durgo, do you know what the minimum height above highest overflow needs to be?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back