Connecting Electric oven via a 13amp plug

The book just says "must be installed by a qualified profiessional" - so maybe i should check my electricians credentials. The cooker was supplied with cable, but it's just standard flex - not a big meaty cable that was on the old cooker that we took out.

There is a lot of conflicting information about that's for sure. With foyur children in the house my main concern is for safety.

Sponsored Links
If it really is a dedicated circuit then it's probably already on at least a 16A MCB. If you can confirm this, it shouldn't be a problem to change the 13A socket for a cooker connection plate. Pictures would help...
Breaker should be reduced to 16A too, which could be an issue if there's an electric hob on the circuit as well.

does it mention in the book kw o r watts any where!
as in oven 2850w or grill 2.25kw for example!!

Sponsored Links
The way to resolve this is to wokr it out for yourself!!!

Look at the ratings of the elements, fans, and lights, and work out whether the grill and oven elements can be used together (they usually cant!), to work out the maximum possible load the oven can draw.

I recently bought a new world oven maximum load about 2000 watts, but if the grill and oven could be used simultaeneously this would double!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back