Connecting Neff U16E74N3GB double oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing an old oven with the above. The cable in use at the moment is 6mm sq. from a 30amp fuse in the consumer unit to a connection box on the wall behind the oven via a fused connection box on the wall next to the oven. I think the total load is 6,700 watts.

The only connectors I can see on the back of the oven seem to have very thin wires to them (photo enclosed). Would it be correct to wire from the connection box to these terminals?

Any help appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• 20170403_171308.jpg
    20170403_171308.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 910
Sponsored Links
Thanks omega015. The cable entry point seems to be designed for a round cable rather than a flat 6mm sq. Could you tell me what is the correct cable to buy.

Sponsored Links
No instructions were supplied with the oven. I notice on omega015's link that they talk about heat resistant 4mm sq round cable.

No instructions were supplied with the oven.
Demand them. It is a trading standards offence to not provide them.

I notice on omega015's link that they talk about heat resistant 4mm sq round cable.
Sounds reasonable.

You might want to familiarise yourself with this when choosing a cable:

[wiki]Electrics%3Aharmonized-wire-code[/wiki]

Thanks ban-all-sheds I will follow up both your suggestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back