Connecting tv to a projector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Technika LCD 32-56 tv which I want to connect to a Sanyo PLC-XD 2200 projector.
I can't find any out put from the tv

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm afraid it is likely to be impossible to do as you wish. A TV is an output device to display a video signal (TV's normally have an internal tuner etc to generate the signal).

A projector is an output device again designed to display a video signal. There is 9 times out of 10 no output on TV's for the internal tuner.

To show a picture on your projector you will need some kind of video source, so something like a Sky box, Cable box, PVR, tuner etc.

Sorry :(

Which projector do you have? Is it new? How long is the bulb life?

Thinking of getting one myself, hence the questions. Reviews on online shops only go so far.

Sponsored Links
Which projector do you have?
The make and model is in the first line of his opening post. :rolleyes:

You won't get very far unless you actually read the words on reviews etc rather than just skimming. Pay attention.

Bulb life varies with the type of projector. It also varies with use. In general the quoted life spans in hours are the manufacturer's estimates only. There's no absolute guarantee across the board just like car makers don't guarantee mpgs. There are some exceptions, but they won't apply to secondhand purchases.

Tiny business projectors range from 1000-2000 hrs

Larger business projectors range from 1000-6000 hrs

Home cinema projectors range from 2000-4000 hrs

Eco mode and running the projector all night is good for lamp life. High power mode and switching on and off for short periods is bad for lamp life.

I bought this off ebay brand new unused Sanyo PLC-XD 2200 projector for £99. The freeview box was from Argos £22. Works a treat. You will need a scart to red yellow and white for the freeview.
The projector has 6000 hrs. This is my first projector so have nothing to compare it against. But with the computer plugged in and on fine print I can read it perfectly.
I have the computer plugged in a dvd player and my PS3 as well as the freeview.
For the money I have paid I'm more than happy would certainly recommend the above projector

As an ex Audio visual technician (now retired) I always used Sanyo. However regarding lamp life the golden rule is "never switch the projector off with its mains switch". You should always power off first with the remote and wait for the fan to stop before disconnecting power. Killing the hot lamp will cause premature failure, and unless things have changed since I retired it is an expensive mistake. (If I remember correctly about 3 times your £99 for the projector)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back