Connecting up a cooker and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new Bosch Oven and Induction Hob to be connected up to my existing wiring.

The oven is rated at 3.65KW and the Hob at 7200w.

Behind the oven on the wall I have a cooker outlet which is wired to a 45A cooker isolator switch on 6mm Twin and Earth back to the consumer unit, where it is terminated onto a 32A breaker.

My maths might be very rusty here, but 3650W / 240V = 15.2Amp and 7200W / 240V = 30Amp, giving a total of 45.2 Amps.

I understand 6mm cable to be rated at 47Amps, so getting to my question, can I safely connect both the Oven and Hob to the Cooker outlet and survive the christmas day dinner?

The Hob is provided with a flex already fitted, so I assume it is rated OK, however the oven is not supplied and needs to be wired, will 2.5mm heat resistant flex be OK to use for this, as the Bosch instructions specifies using cable that is H05 W-F or higher, which I cannot find and CEF have never heard of?

And thirdly, the instructions for the oven specify that the cooker outlet behind the oven needs to be specifically located on the wall behind the oven no higher than 11.5cm and no further left that 32cm, is this essential as this is not where it is currently located?

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully I have provided all the information required.

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
I would have thought the hob needed to be wired into your cooker connection unit using 6mm² T&E cable but since they have supplied the cable then use it. Your cooker can also be wired in using 2.5mm² or 1.5mm² cable .
I wouldn't worry unduly about their specific instructions as to where the outlet is placed, I can't see that that should make a great deal of difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back