Connectors in floor space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When installing soil pipes for a bathroom, if it is necessary to have connectors in the floor space between the ground and first floors, are compression fittings good enough to last "forever" or is it necessary to use solvent types?

I am using plastic pipes and I am hoping that it will never (or at least for a very long time) be necessary to lift the floor or platerboard below to fix leaking connectors. I am also asuming that compression fittings are better than the push-fit ones

Sponsored Links
Do you mean soil pipes or waste pipework - either way I'd avoid using either push fit or compression - use solvent weld and try to avoid having too many joints in your pipework that are hidden from view. Solvent weld tend to be more reliable and are usually cheaper

I'd avoid using plastic waste in any inaccessible space, plastic loves to get hold of the fats that go down the pipe and gradually clogs up. I would be quite comfortable with compression or pushfit joints. They are not subject to pressure.

Sponsored Links
I'd avoid using plastic waste in any inaccessible space, plastic loves to get hold of the fats that go down the pipe and gradually clogs up. I would be quite comfortable with compression or pushfit joints. They are not subject to pressure.

So are you talking about copper pipes? do they still sell them in 32 and 40mm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back