Conservatory base.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to build a DIY kit conservatory using a steel base system the type that usually sits on concrete pads 45cm cubed.

The area where the conservatory is to be sited already has a concrete patio approx 80 - 100mm thick. This is in very good condition, no cracks or signs of movement.

I'm wondering if it would be acceptable to sit the steel frame directly onto the existing concrete, or should I break into the concrete and dig out for the pads.

I have queried this with one of the companies who make the steel frames and they say although they don't recommend it, it would be ok but of course they could not offer their normal guarantee.

Im thinking the exitsting base would be stronger than using pads but I'm no expert. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Why not just go for traditional build - better when you sell up one day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back