Conservatory BTU's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
Could anybody tell me the correct way to calculate BTU's for a conservatory?I know the formula for calculating for rooms in general but, given that conservatories lose heat much quicker, is there a different formula?
I live in Manchester and my conservatory faces south east and measures 3m X 2.2m and the height is 2.6m. It is all UPVC and double glazed with a polycarbonate roof. I think it's called polycarbonate!!

Thanks

Peadee

Sponsored Links
i think the calc is the same as you use the u value of the material of the walls and whether they are internal or external, so use the value for the glass you have with 3 external walls, (and then buy the biggest rad you can find :LOL: )

You will need/use a lot of heat.

To meet the building regs you need to be able to control the conservatory seperately to the rest of the house. Some say a TRV achieves that.

It all depends on what you are hoping to do in this conservatory.

People have wonderful plans and end up not using it at all in cold weather and after dark.

If you must use it after dark then allow about £1000 for blinds otherwise you will be like gold fish in their bowl !

Tony

Sponsored Links
You are bound to get a few surprises if you do this as diy without understanding the subject; better, quicker and cheaper in the long run to get a pro in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back